Robert Downey Jr. Height, Weight, Wife, Affairs, Age, Biography & More
|Real Name||Robert John Downey Jr.|
|Profession||Actor and Singer|
|Phyaical Status & More|
|Height (Approx.)||174 cm|
|Weight (Approx.)||78 kg|
|Body Measurements (Approx)||Bicep: 15 inches|
Waist: 35 inches
Chest: 45 inches
|Eye Colour||dark brown|
|Hair Colour||dark brown|
|Date of Birth||April 4, 1965|
|Age (as in 2019)||54 years|
|Birth Place||Manhattan, New York|
|Zodiac Sign/ Sun Sign||Aries|
|School||Santa Monica High School in England|
|Debut||Film: Pound (1970)|
TV: Saturday Night Live
Album: The Futurist
|Family||Father: Robert Downey Sr (Actor)|
Mother: Elsie Ann (Actress)
Sister: Allyson (Actress)
|Ethnicity||Scottish, German, Swiss, Lithuanian Jewish, Hungarian Jewish, Irish.|
|Hobbies||Martial Arts Wing Chun|
|Affairs and More|
|Wife||Ex-Wife: Deborah Falconer |
(Married May 29, 1992 &
Divorced April 26, 2004)
Second Wife: Susan Levin (Married 2005)
|Children||Son: Indio Falconer Downey|
Daughter: Avri Roel Downey
|Net Worth||$170 million|
Interesting and Unknown Facts about Robert Downey Jr.
- Robert was surrounded by drugs when he was a child because his father abused drugs. He let Jr. try Marijuana at the age of six which he regrets now. It was the bond between them as it was the only way his father knew to express his love. This led to Jr. being addicted to alcohol and making a thousand phone calls every night to get drugs!
- When his parents got divorced, he moved to California with his father but then dropped out of high school and moved to New York to pursue full-time acting.
- Downey started with Broadway play off and tried various parts, which did not turn out in his favor; and for the play the critics called him the worst of all the cast.
- He was appreciated for his role of a rich drug addict in the movie version of the novel
- Robert has topped Forbes’ list of the highest-paid actors making $80 million in the year 2014-2015.
- In 1992, he played the title character in the movie Chaplin, which earned him a nomination in the Academy Awards and a BAFTA Award for Best Actor in a Leading Role.
- Downey was in the California Substance Abuse Treatment Facility and State Prison for drug charges. On release in 2000, he joined the TV show Ally McBeal acting Calista Flockhart’s love interest, for which he won a Golden Globe.
- Robert was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his role in the movie Tropic Thunder.
- Jr. has been playing Iron Man, either as the lead or the member of the ensemble cast and all the three movies have made more than $500 million each. These movies The Avengers, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Iron Man 3 have earned over $1 billion worldwide.
- Woody Allen couldn’t cast Downey in his movie Melinda and Melinda
because Jr. couldn’t be insured. He was disappointed as he really wanted to cast Bob Downey and Winona Ryder for it.
- Robert’s stepmother told the People’s Magazine about his bi-polar disorder and she said that this disorder is the reason why he can not be sober. Robert agreed to it saying that sometimes he spends a lot of cash instantly and also that he can be hyperactive at one moment and really down sometimes.
- After five years of arrests, relapse and rehab, Downey came back to movies in 2000. No rehab or psychotherapy could help him, until he was tired of the trouble that drug abuse brought. He had his last chance and knew that he might get another prison sentence or a court rehab, when he thought enough is enough.
- Bob Downey was allowed a release to appear in a Elton John’s video song “I want to love”. He lip-synced and played it down really well.
- Jr. could come back to the big screen after Mel Gibson paid for his insurance. Mel and Robert had been friends since they did Air America
- Robert had a comeback with the movie Gothika, for which the Producer Joe Silver withheld 40 percent of his money till his insurance was covered. This kind of clauses is common with his contracts till date.
- Downey is into singing as well. He sang with Sting for the show Ally McBeal and also released an album called The Futurist with the record label Sony Classical. He and his son Indio designed the songs list and the cover of the album. Downey said he won’t be releasing another album because he wasn’t satisfied with the compensation as compared to the work he put in.
- Robert once broke into the neighbor’s house when he was high on drugs thinking it was his own house and slept on the bed there.
- Downey’s drug addiction was the reason for his relationship split with Sarah Jessica Parker. He said “I liked to drink, and I had a drug problem, and that didn’t jibe with Sarah Jessica, because it is the furthest thing from what she is,” he told Parade in 2008. “She provided me a home and understanding. She tried to help me. She was so miffed when I didn’t get my act together.”